*

*

Top Image

Top Image

Speed Awareness

Posted on: Sunday 31 October 2010

I have been on a speed awareness course. Said course took place on Saturday at Wakefield Holiday Inn from 8:00am until 12:15pm. Ugh.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm no speed demon. I was caught by a static camera doing 36mph in a 30 zone. But those 6 mph matters, it seems. Oh yes they do. 

My lasting impression of the whole sorry affair, though, was the disparate group of people it brought together. We literally had nothing in common except car ownership - or access - and an occasional tendency to drive a little too fast. Complete randomers. Definite short story material. 

And the best comment of the day? From Kevin, the course leader, whilst eyeing up a man who'd just introduced himself as Rikesh (with a broad Yorkshire accent, I might add). 

"And if English int yer first language, dint worry." 

Jesus. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts/comments/craic? Go for your life, as my father would say.

Soz about the word verification. The spammers are driving me nuts.

Parliament Of Owls All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger