*

*

Top Image

Top Image

Oooeee technologeeee

Posted on: Tuesday 12 October 2010

I have ordered meself a new phone. T'is a crackberry to replace old, battered, much-beloved crackberry which went to its electronic grave some months ago. I took it into the O2 shop on Briggate at the end of July to complain about the error message that had appeared on the screen.

"Oo, yes, it's a very common error, this is. We'll send it off and get it repaired for you, no problem."

"Really? A common error?"

"Very common. Leave it with us."

So I did. I neglected to mention the fact that said error message ("XRF200MASSIVECOCK-UP**XX" or something of that nature) had only appeared after I did an emergency stop in the car and a bottle of wine flew off the passenger seat and landed on it with an almighty crack.

Oopsy.

I decided against the iPhone. I can't even type it correctly first time - I had to correct it there. It's like PhD - the capitalisation confuses me. Although that wasn't the only reason. I hear the camera doesn't have a flash, and from what I've seen of the quality of the photos, they're not as good as the crackberry. Of course, this could all be rubbish I've heard on the grapevine. I don't know. I don't have time to research such things. I barely have time to put up a bathroom mirror, never mind teach myself how to use a new phone and faff about with bloody apps.

Harrumph.

The real reason? If I'm totally honest? I like buttons. That touch-screen nonsense would drive me bonkers. So a Blackberry 3G summat-or-other is winging its way to me soon.  

And, yes, I know I sound like a granny.

Never mind. Pictures of, err, stuff coming soon!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts/comments/craic? Go for your life, as my father would say.

Soz about the word verification. The spammers are driving me nuts.

Parliament Of Owls All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger