*

*

Top Image

Top Image

Word Magpie

Posted on: Tuesday 29 May 2012

Two bookish snippets that are gnawing at me.

"This is one moment
But know that another
Shall pierce you with a sudden painful joy."

-T.S. Eliot




Which leads seamlessly into this one:

"So when people say that poetry is a luxury, or an option, or for the educated middle-classes, or that it shouldn't be read at school because it's irrelevant, or any of the strange and stupid things that are said about poetry and it splace in our lives, I suspect that the people doing the saying have had things pretty easy. A tough life needs a tough language - and that is what poetry is. That is what literature offers - a language powerful enough to say how it is. It isn't a hiding place. It is a finding place."

-Jeneatte Winterson, 'Why Be Happy When You Can Be Normal?'





I love these words and what they do to me. They make my heart beat a little bit faster. They fill me with conviction and remind me of ideals. Ah, man.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts/comments/craic? Go for your life, as my father would say.

Soz about the word verification. The spammers are driving me nuts.

Parliament Of Owls All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger